Welcome to Red Sea Church! We invite you to check out our website to learn more about who we are, what we believe, and what we do. Feel free to email us with any questions you may have. We'd love to meet you!
We understand that visiting a church for the first time can be intimidating. We hope this information will give you a glimpse of what you can expect when visiting Red Sea Church.
- We are a community made up of different ages, races, life stages, and backgrounds, who love Jesus and love Portland.
- Our Sunday Gathering begins at 10am and usually lasts a little more than an hour. We encourage people to come as they are. While you are welcome to dress up for church, most folks prefer to come casual.
- A typical Sunday Gathering consists of a time of worship (singing), prayers, a message from the scriptures, a time to receive the communion elements, and space to visit and meet other people. We value shared leadership and the inclusion of multiple leaders and voices, so don't be surprised by the fact that our worship leaders, preachers, and other participants vary from week to week.
- We are currently following state-mandates for social distancing and ask everyone to wear a mask or face covering and maintain 6 ft. distance between non-family members. The auditorium offers ample seating to allow for social distancing. You are welcome to sit anywhere. (There are couches in the back of the auditorium for nursing mothers.)
- Our Kids Community (for 6-months to 8-years-old) is currently closed, due to COVID-19 restrictions. There is a space for families with toddlers/preschool-aged children to use if wanted. (Space is limited. Email us to reserve a spot.) There are coloring materials available in the lounge for families to use during the service. We don't mind the movement and noise that kids tend to create. It reminds us that we're all family!
- Our Sunday Gatherings are also streamed live on YouTube each week, if you prefer to participate from home.
- We invite Red Sea members to give generously and joyfully their tithes and offerings as an act of worship. Tithes and offerings can be given online or in the black box on the back wall of the auditorium. Guests are not expected to give.
Red Sea believes in the importance of being in community with one another on a regular basis. While we do not offer Sunday School classes at the church building, we have several Home Community groups that meet in homes or on ZOOM throughout the week.
We hope to soon re-open our Kids Community on Sunday mornings that will allow for children 6-months old to 8-year-olds to gather during the teaching time of the Gathering to learn more about Jesus' love for them with their peers.
We also recently launched our Youth Community for students in 6th to 12th grade! Youth Community meets at the church on Wednesday nights from 6:30pm-8pm. It's a great time for students to have fun and grow in their relationships with each other and God.